Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another Farewell to a Marlins Manager

This is absurd that the Marlins fired Ozzie Guillen. Absolutely pitiful. The front office of the Marlins has run the team terribly. This is the 4th manager in 6 years. No I'm not counting Jack McKeon. 2 of the managers fired went on to bring their team to the playoffs, Girardi and Fredi Gonzalez. At a certain point the Marlins front office need to take accountability and understand it may not be the manager it is them. Loria says he wants to run the marlins like Steinbrenner ran the Yankees. well. He is failing to replicate the Dark Lord Steinbrenner. 

In short. I am giving up on the team of my youth. Next year I will be taking a sabbatical from following the Marlins. Instead I am immersing myself in NBA basketball. Where things like this happen.

2 comments:

  1. Did you truly think Ozzie did ea good job? I agree that the Marlins management is a complete joke. But so is Ozzie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing that management did was get rid of Hanley Ramirez. Did Ozzie do a good job, no. Does the manager matter hugely, no. I think consistency with a manager matters and when you have constant change your team is disarray. Ozzie is not the right guy to rebuild with, which is what the Marlins need to do.

    ReplyDelete