Thursday, January 10, 2013

You got what you deserve, Ryan Klesko




I hope you are not disappointed Ryan.  You aren’t a Hall of Famer in my book either.  Every Saturday Doug, Joe, and I rode our bikes to the baseball card store in the blazing heat of a Florida summer hoping to get your autograph on one of the 10 rookie cards of yours that we had.  And every Saturday you never showed up.  After about two months, we began to suspect that Al, the baseball card shop owner, might not be telling the truth about you coming to sign cards for us.  I mean it was the summer and you were obviously a baseball player, so in retrospect I’m not sure exactly how you would have ever made an appearance.  But Al had Mortal Kombat and common cards that we could stupidly purchase for pennies that would allow us to complete our sets of Upper Deck and Topps.  He couldn’t be lying to us.  Well Ryan, whatever the deal was, I have never forgiven you, and I’m glad that when I looked at the Hall of Fame voting today I saw that you did not receive one vote.  You didn’t deserve any.  Don’t disappoint children, even if it isn’t your fault.

2 comments:

  1. Hating on Al, at least we got a pack of cards if we did well on our report card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron Sele got one vote. What a looser.

    ReplyDelete